Here’s How World Class Makeup Artists Win Competitions
- 1 Comment
Winning makeup competitions can give impetus to your career. The field of esthetics is extremely competitive. But is also quite lucrative if you have the right skills and knowledge. There is no better way to showcase your skills and knowledge than a makeup artist competition.
Here are some tips to help you become a winner:
• Find Out the Theme: Before taking part in the competition, find out the theme and stick to it. This will help your scores and increase your chances of winning.
• Read the Rules: Read and understand the rules of the competition. Every competition has certain requirements that contestants are expected to fulfill. Make sure you adhere to rules, so that your entry is not disqualified on some technicality.
• Do Full Face Makeup: When you are taking part in a makeup artist competition, just doing eye or lip makeup is not sufficient. You should focus on the entire face – eyes, cheeks, lips, chin. Focusing on a full face can be the difference between winning and losing.
• Groom Those Eyebrows: While eyebrows can be left thin or thick, grooming is essential. Any stray hair should be waxed or plucked. Use brow mascara or brow wax to keep them neat. This way, unruly eyebrows won’t detract from the makeup.
• Use Eye Shadow Primer: Eyes are one of the most expressive features of the face. So highlight the eyes with the right eye shadow. However, if you want those colors to pop out, always use a primer. Primers also prevent eye shadow from smudging and spreading.
• Get Professional Photographs: Make sure you get a professional to click the photographs that you want to submit to the makeup artist competition. The photographs should be taken in good lighting and should be clear. Judges like such photographs.
• Use Props to Your Advantage: Props can supplement looks. So, don’t be shy to use them. Think of using false eyelashes, hats, gloves, shirts, jewelry, contact lenses and wigs. Add more dimension to your images and make them standout.
Winning makeup artist competitions can be tough, but these tips should help you immensely. However, without the right training, you will won’t go anywhere.
So make sure you enroll for a course that can help you learn the tricks of applying makeup. With enough practice you should be able to create a flawless look.
To get started with moderating, editing, and participating, please how do we ensure this innovation grows.