"*" indicates required fields
The African Finest Makeup Artist Contest is an online makeup contest that seeks to produce and showcase raw talent in the makeup industry in Africa. It aims at providing an opportunity for makeup artists to showcase their skills and to challenge themselves with their creativity thereby putting them in the spotlight for the world to see. Please carefully read our policy for the competition as violation of these rules may lead to disqualification. By submitting a competition entry, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. For any inquiries relating to this prize competition, please contact our customer service hotline on Phone no: +234-806-746-4261 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please also see Afmua.com for a copy of these competition terms and conditions.
AFMUA (Africa’s Finest Makeup Artist)
The competition will run from 12:00am on January 20th, 2023 (the "Opening Date") to 12:00pm on March 17th, 2023 (“The Closing Date, Induction Program, Training programs and closing event” ) inclusive.
To enter the competition:
To enter, each competitor must sign and submit an official entry registration. Complete the registration requirements and make payment of the registration fee. The competition entry fee is N5000 (Naira).
AFMUA will not be responsible for competition entries that are lost because of any equipment failure or technical malfunction.
By applying, the competitor agrees to abide by the rules and decisions of AFMUA.
Makeup Competition Rules & Regulations
Read through the rules and regulations guiding our Makeup Competition.
The competition entries will be judged by a panel of five judges selected by AFMUA. The winner will be selected based on performance rating from judges at the quarter final stage, the semi final stage and the final stage of the competition. Public voting is partly required at the quarter final stage. Please note that contestants are not allowed to vote. The decision of the panel of judges will be final. A list of names of the judges will be available on the website afmua.com
All works (videos, pictures) presented must be original as contestants will be disqualified for impersonation and falsification.
Competition Rules – Finalists
• You will need to make comprehensive videos of yourself and model while working on tasks required of you.
• No assistants will be permitted as contestants must apply all makeup products by him/herself.
• Nudity is not allowed in videos as you would be disqualified.
• Impersonation would lead to disqualification. Any contestant found impersonating or aiding impersonation will be automatically disqualified.
• Any contestant found to lobby, threaten or insult any of the judges will be disqualified.
• All tasks must be submitted on or before deadlines.
• You must be a makeup artist based in any country in Africa or desiring to be a makeup artist.
• You must be aged 18 years or over.
• You must subscribe to or follow AFMUA on all social media platforms.
• Employees of judges are not eligible to enter the contest. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. AFMUA may require you to provide proof of your eligibility during registration e.g., National Id card or Driver’s license.
• AFMUA will not accept competition entries that are automatically generated by a computer or robots, completed by third parties, have been altered or forged. There is a limit of one entry per person.
• Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
• AFMUA reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
The Prizes to be won includes and not limited to the following:
1. Winner – The sum of #550,000(Naira) cash price, Neewer 2 Pieces Bi- color 660 LED Video Light and Stand Kit, Professional Makeups chair, Professional Makeup Case filled with Makeup Goodies from amazing brands.
2. 1st Runner Up – The sum of #200,000(Naira), Portable Makeup Case and Goodies from luxurious makeup brands.
3. 2nd Runner Up - The sum of #100,000(Naira), Makeup Train Case and Goodies from luxurious makeup brands.
4. 3rd Runner Up – The sum of #65,000(Naira), Makeup Train Case and Goodies from Luxurious makeup brands.
5. 4th Runner Up – The sum of #50,000(Naira), Makeup Train Case and Goodies from Luxurious makeup brands.
AFMUA reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control makes it necessary to do so. Please note that the prizes are not negotiable or transferable.
The decision of the judges nominated by AFMUA is final.
AFMUA will contact the winner personally as soon as possible after the announcement date, using the contact information provided in the competition entry form, including telephone number and email address. The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the competition entry form has been submitted.
AFMUA has an obligation to either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. AFMUA will publish the brand names and surnames of major prize winners and, if applicable, their winning entries on its website on March 17th, 2023.
If you object to your surname, brand name and winning entry being published or made available, please contact us at +234-806-746-4261 or via email at email@example.com.
In such circumstances, we must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
Please note that upon successful registration to participate in this competition, you have agreed to display prizes and make videos showing them and using the products on all your social media accounts, tagging AFMUA, for the purpose of campaign as final task even after you may have been given the prize as the winner.
Claiming the Prize
If you win a prize, you will have 30 days from the announcement date to claim the prize. If you do not claim the prize by this date, your claim will become invalid. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf. Depending on the circumstances, we may make provision for delivery.
AFMUA will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or has not claimed their prize within 30 days from the announcement date, AFMUA reserves the right to offer the prize to the 1st runner up. We will not take up any responsibility if you are unable to pick up your prize.
Limitation of liability
As it is permitted by law, AFMUA, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, injury or death that may occur as a result of taking up the prize except it’s a direct result of AFMUA’s negligence. i.e., our agents, distributors, or employees. Your statutory rights will not be affected.
Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights
All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to AFMUA will become the property of AFMUA on receipt and will not be returned.
By submitting your competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
1. Assign to AFMUA all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee.
2. Waive all moral rights, in and to your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entries to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the laws of Nigeria and all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
3. You agree that AFMUA may but is not required to make your entry available on its website, and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition.
4. You agree to grant AFMUA a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sublicense the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
Data Protection and Publicity
If you have any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the AFMUA may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition. We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so. These terms and conditions shall be governed by laws of Nigeria, and the parties submit to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Nigeria.